Campus Resources » Child Nutrition Program

Child Nutrition Program



PHS Austin Wells Branch only offers a Breakfast Program.


To receive free or reduced priced meals in the current school year, your child(ren) must have a current school year approved meal application or current school year Direct Approval/Certification Notice on file in the Child Nutrition Department even if they were approved for meal benefits in the previous school year.

Parents and Guardians are responsible for any charges incurred by their children in the cafeteria. This includes the meal charges while applications are being processed for meal benefits until they are approved. 

It is important to include all household members and students on the application even if they choose not to participate in the program. 


Returning Applicants

To avoid any interruption in program benefits, submit a new application for approval before August 15, 2024. PHS does not backdate application approvals per Federal Regulations so be sure to make a timely submission of your application. Please login to Skyward and click on the "Food Service Applications" then click on "Start New Application" to apply. Submit only one application per household.
Breakfast Application

Breakfast Hours

Breakfast begins at 9:00 AM and ends at 10:00 AM.
Breakfast Cost
  • Student Breakfast - $2.50
  • Reduced Breakfast - $0.30
  • Adult Breakfast - $3.00 


Who can get free meals?   

  • Income—Children can get free or reduced-price meals if your household’s gross income (total without deductions) is within the limits described in the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines.
  • Special Program Participants—All children in households receiving benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), can get free meals regardless of income. 
  • Foster—Foster children under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court-appointed guardian are eligible for free meals.
  • Homeless, Runaway, and Migrant Farm Worker—Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant farm worker qualify for free meals. If you haven’t been approved by the District that a child's status is homeless, runaway, or migrant farm worker in the United States, please contact the campus counselor for each child.
I receive WIC. Can my child(ren) get free meals? 

Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced-price meals. Please fill out an application based on income.

I receive Medicaid/CHIPS. Can my child(ren) get free meals? 

Children in households participating in Medicaid/CHIPS may be eligible for free or reduced-price meals. Please fill out an application based on income if you have not received a direct certification letter.

If I don’t qualify now, may I apply later?

Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year.

If your household income or circumstances change after you have applied for the current year, you may become eligible for free or reduced-price meals. Please complete another meal application.

What if I have more questions?
Please email us at [email protected] or call 512-614-4537.
For media, contact [email protected].
In child feeding programs, no child will be discriminated against because of
race, sex, color, national origin, age, or disability. This institution is an equal opportunity

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

1. Mail:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
2. Fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
3. Email: [email protected].
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.