REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR!
If you are ready to start your journey as an Apprentice Electrician, please click the Register Now button. For questions, please contact your Campus Principal. Students registering in the TRIO Electric Apprenticeship Program must be enrolled at Premier High School.
Why Choose A Career As An Electrician?
Texas is sizzling HOT and so is our Electrician Apprenticeship Program!
At Premier High School, students can begin training for a career while earning a high school diploma from our fully accredited, 100% tuition-free high school! Career and Technical Education provides students with the academic knowledge and technical skills they need to gain entry to high-skill, high-wage, and high-demand industries. CTE provides work-based learning experiences that combine hands-on learning with real-world scenarios so students are prepared to enter the workforce or college after they graduate high school.
By graduation, you should have earned your Level 1 Certificate for Electrician Helper and move immediately into the paid apprenticeship program at TRIO. If you stay at it and work hard, you should be able to complete the apprenticeship and earn your Journeyman Electrician license.
Electrician CTE Program
Premier High School - Austin (Wells Branch)’s TRIO Electric Pre-Apprenticeship Program is designed to combine classroom instruction with work-based learning to prepare you for a high-wage, high-demand career in the electrical field.
- Job Placement after Graduation.
- TRIO Electrician Pre-Apprenticeship Program at No Cost to You.
- NCCER Core & NCCER Electrical Level 1 Certification.
- Opportunity to pay your way through college while working.
Premier TRIO Students
Job Outlook & Salary
Median Hourly Wage: $23.76
That comes out to more than $49,429* a year.
In 2016, we had 2,777 Electricians. By 2026, we’ll need 3,235.
* Apprentices receive less pay than fully trained electricians, but their pay increases as they learn to do more.
Certifications & Courses
- OSHA General 10 Hour
- NCCER Core & NCCER Electrical Level 1 Certification
HIGH SCHOOL PATHWAY
- Principles of Construction
- Principles of Architecture
- Electrical Technology 1 (Prerequisite: Algebra 1)
- Electrical Technology 2 (Prerequisite: Electrical Tech 1)
- Construction Technology 1
- Construction Technology 2
- Practicum in Construction Technology (Prerequisite: Electrical Technology 2)
Please Contact Ms. Cadena, CTE Coordinator, by Email.